1.- Vocabulary – Ordinals
A – Write the correct word next to the ordinals.
1) Tenth 2) Fourteeenth 3) Third 4) Twenty fifth 5) Fifth 6) Seventh 7) Ninth 8) Second 9) Twenty first 10) Twelfth 11) First 12) Fifteenth 13) Thirtieth 14) Sixth 15) Twenty second 16) Twenty third 17) Thirty first 18) Eighth 19) Thirteenth 20) Fourth 21) Twentieth
the third of May
the seventieth of June
nineteen ninety seven
two thousand and five
2.A.– Write the following dates
1) 31/5/1967 2) 2/8/2007 3) 12/2/1976 4) 13/08/1980
2.B.– Answer the questions. When is….?
1) Christmas is 2) Halloween is 3) Valentine´s day is
3.- Question Words
Why: por qué
How much (uncountable): cuántos
How many (countable): cuántos
3.A.- Put "what / where / why / when / how" into the gaps to form a question.
1) don´t you like oranges? 2) is my jumper, Mun? 3) do you go to work? 4) do you go to France? 5) day is it today?
4.- Grammar – Questions
Formation of questions using question words:
4.A.- Question Type Number 1
- Question word + auxiliary verb + subject + bare infinitive (without to)
- Where do you live?
- What do you eat for breakfast?
- Where do they live?
- Why do we need to go to school?
- Why does he play football?
4.A.1.- Put the words in brackets into the correct order to make a question?
1) when/go/on/you/holiday/do 2) why/don´t/go/to the doctor´s/you 3) where/live/do/you 4) how/travel/to Germany/they/do 5) what time/wake up/does/she
4.A.2.- Make questions from the sentences
- I come from England (Where)
- Where do you come from?
1) I live in a house near the centre of town (where) 2) I speak three languajes (How many) 3) We have two brothers and one sister (How many) 4) She plays tennis on Wednesday (When) 5) They listen to classical music (What)
4.B.- Question Type Number 2 (Present Continuous)
- Question word + auxiliary verb + subject + gerund
- Where are you living?
4.B.1.- Make questions from the sentences
1) I am studying French (what) 2) They are going to the cinema on friday (when) 3) We are going to win £3000 (how much) 4) I am going to London to buy a jumper (Why)
(Para ver la traducción hacer doble click en el texto; un click vuelve a posición original)
5.A.1.- Answer the questions
1) Whe is Sarah´s birthday party? 2) Whe is Sarah´s birthday? 3) What is Tina doing? 4) Where´s the sugar? 5) Does Tina make a cake for her dad? 6) Whe is Tina´s Dad´s birthday?