1.- Vocabulary – Food
Green beans: judías verdes
Sweetcorn: maíz dulce
Olive oil: aceite de oliva
Label the following food
1) 2) 3) 4) 5)
2.- Grammar: Some / Any
We use some with plural nouns.
- Some apples
- Some carrots
We use some with positive statements
- We have some strawberries.
- They have some potatoes.
We use any with negative statements
- We don’t have any cabbages.
- They don’t have any olives.
We use any with questions
- Are there any cherries?
- Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Complete the sentences with "some" or "any"
1) There are good restaurants in Twichenham. 2) There aren´t flowers shops in my town. 3) There are trees in the garden. 4) Are there books in the dining room? 5) Would you like sweet corn? 6) people eat a lot of chocolate.
3.- Grammar: Questions with Do
Verb - To do
|He / she /it||
Some questions are formed using a question word
Question word + auxiliary verb + subject + bare infinitive (without to)
- Where do you live?
Some questions are formed with the Auxiliary verb To do
Auxiliary verb + subject + bare infinitive (without to) + compliment
- Do you play tennis?
- Does he live in London?
3.A.- Fill in the gaps with the correct form of the verb to do
1) you eat fruit? 2) they play tennis? 3) he have a cat? 4) she cook every day? 5) I go to he gym on Tuesday?
4.- Grammar: Questions with Can
To be able to
|He / she /it||
Some questions are formed with the verb "to be able to".
Can + subject + bare infinitive (without to) + compliment
- Can you play the piano?
- Can he eat apples?
4.A.- Put the following questions with can into the correct order
1) today/they/can/play/outside? 2) bithday/make/can/John´s/cake/a/Sally/for? 3) night/can/party/I/go/on/to/the/Saturday?
5.- Grammar: Answering do and can questions
When you are asked a question with "do" or "can", the answer is very short.
- Do you play the piano? Yes, I do
- Do they sing? No, they don’t
- Can we go outside? Yes, you can
- Can they eat the cake? No, they can’t
5.A.- Answer the questions using short answers.
1) Do you speak French? 2) Can you ride a bike? 3) Does your mother work? 4) Can you see a computer?
(Para ver la traducción hacer doble click en el texto; un click vuelve a posición original)
6.A.1.- True or False.
1) There isn´t any milk. 2) There´s some orange juice. 3) Sally loves sweetcorn. 4) Andy has sugar. 5) Andy and Sally both like vegetables.
6.A.2.- Write the questions to the answers
1) Yes, I do have some sugar. 2) No, I don´t have any peach juice. 3) No, he doesn´t like raspberries. 4) Yes, she does like salad.