Next to: al lado de
In front of: delante de
Under: debajo de
Above: encima de
Opposite: enfrente de
|Where is the computer?||Where are the windows?|
|The computer is on the table||The windows are next to the bed|
- Subject + Verb To be + preposition + object
- The books are in front of the computer
- A book is next to the computer
A – Where is…..?
Try and use a different preposition for each question
1) The table 2) The long sofa 3) The fruit 4) The small sofa
1.C.- Verbs of direction
To turn: girar
To turn right: girar a la derecha
To turn left: girar a la izquierda
To go straight ahead: ir todo recto
To turn around: dar la vuelta
To stop: parar
To cross: cruzar
To take: tomar
To go past: pasar
To go up: subir
To go down: bajar
2.- Grammar – The Imperative
We use the imperative to give orders, instructions, directions and suggestions.
Imperatives do not have a subject
- Close the door.
- Sit down!
- Drink the orange juice.
- Boil the water
- Turn left and then go straight ahead
- Take the first road on the left.
The verb let is used as an imperative to give a suggestion.
Let’s is a contraction of let us.
- Let’s go home I’m tired
- Let’s have a party
For negative imperatives: Don’t + Infinitive
- Don’t listen to the radio.
- Don’t turn left
Exception: Let’s = Let’s not
- Let’s not go to the party
- Let’s not eat in the restaurant
2.A.1.- Complete the sentences with the imperative.
1) Let´s shopping (go) 2) down (sit) 3) Please watching the television (stop) 4) left after Church Street (turn) 5) the milk (no drink) 6) go on holiday this year (no let)
2.A.2.- Complete the following instructions with these verbs: go, take, turn, cross.
Excuse me. How can I get to the post office? straight ahead and the second road on the left. The post office es next to the dry cleaners. Good morning. Can you direct me to the baker´s? Yes, of course. left. straight ahead and then the first right. The baker´s is in front of the florists.
(Para ver la traducción hacer doble click en el texto; un click vuelve a posición original)
3.A.1.- Which street would you go to if you wanted to…?
1) buy a book 2) watch a film 3) buy some flowers 4) eat in a Italian restaurant 5) post a letter 6) see the bank manager
3.A.2.- Answer the following questions
1) Where does Tara live? 2) What does she do everyday? 3) Why does Tara love her town?