61: sixty one
62: sixty two
75: seventy five
100: one hundred
101: one hundred and one
102: one hundred and two
103: one hundred and three
200: two hundred
300: three hundred
500: five hundred
1.000: one thousand
10.000: ten thousand
10.670: ten thousand six hundred and seventy
500.000: five hundred thousand
1.000.000: one million
£ 25,00: twenty five pounds
£ 1,50: one pound fifty pence
€ 450: four hundred and fifty euros
€ 67,90: sixty seven euros ninety
$ 9.500: nine thousand five hundred dollars
$ 110,78: one hundred and ten dollars seventy eight
Write the following numbers
1) 78 2) 152 3) 529 4) 78.000 5) £1.000.000 6) £94,99 7) €150 8) $2.350,78
2.- Grammar – Countable and Uncountable Nouns
Some nouns are countable
|A book||three books|
|An* apple||three apples|
* When a singular noun starts with "a", then the article is "an".
Some nouns are uncountable
You do not know how much rice or how much money there is.
You can say:
- A kilo of rice
- A bag of rice
- A bowl of rice
- A £5 note
Some nouns are both countable and uncountable
Some ice cream
three ice creams
How much or How many?
We use How many with countable nouns.
- How many books do you have?
- How many apples do you eat a day?
We use How much with uncountable nouns
- How much rice do you have?
- How much wine is in the house?
2.A.1.- Are the following countable or uncountable?
1) Man 2) Woman 3) Air 4) Water 5) Beer 6) Car 7) Bathroom 8) Horse 9) Rice 10) Information
2.A.2.- Write a, an or some
1) Book 2) apple 3) milk 4) money 5) fruit 6) flower 7) cake 8) ten pound note
2.A.3.- Complete the questions using how much or how many
1) We need some eggs. do we need? 2) petrol is there in the car? 3) We need some money. do we need? 4) children have you got? 5) potatoes do you want? 6) bottles do you want? 7) Americans do you know? 8) rice do you want?
(Para ver la traducción hacer doble click en el texto; un click vuelve a posición original)
Answer the questions
1) How much fruit does Teresa buy? 2) What is Teresa going to do with the oranges? 3) What is Teresa going to do with the bananas? 4) What is the shop assistant´s favourite fruit? 5) Why doesn´t Teresa buy any potatoes?