Lesson 20 – Following a recipe
She is going to cook Shepherd’s Pie. Here is a picture of what it looks like.
Look at the list of ingredients that Sarah needs to make Shepherd’s Pie and answer the questions.
A. Match the quantities
B. Answer the questions.
1. How many ingredients are there in total?
2. How many different vegetables are there?
3. What type of meat does she need?
Before we look at the method, we need to check we understand the main instruction verbs.
C. Match the translations.
Now read the method.
D. Answer the questions.
1. How long do you need to cook the onions and carrots?
2. How long do you need to boil the potatoes for?
3. How long do you need to bake the Shepherd’s pie in the oven for?
E. Match the utensils to the pictures.
2.- Talking to Louise
Choose a recipe from http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes and try to cook it :-)
Answers - Lessons 18