a) Form1. An adjective always has the same form. It never changes.
- The funny man / The funny men
- The small tree / The small trees
1. We use adjectives to describe nouns Maria is a tall, young girl (The adjectives here describe what Maria is like)
2. An adjective can go before a noun or as a complement after the noun
- It is a large stadium
- The stadium is large
c) Position of adjectives (OSASCOM)1. The order in which you put adjectives in a sentence is very important. In English there is a rule:
- Opinion: beautiful, ugly, etc.
- Size: small, big, large, etc.
- Age: old, young, etc.
- Shape: round, square, etc.
- Colour: red, blue, green, yellow, etc.
- Origin: Spanish, Dutch, American, etc.
- Material: glass, paper, wood, etc.