Indefinite and Definite Article
1. When you mention a singular countable noun for the first time.
- I bought a pineapple and an apple.
- Have you seen a brown cat with long tail?
2. With professions:
- I´m a teacher.
- Are you a doctor?
3. With certain expressions: once a month, twice a day, etc.
- I go to the gym once a week.
- I drink water five times a day.
1. When there is only one of something:
- Where is the tallest building in the world?
2. When we are thinking of one particular thing.
- I saw the boy with the red jumper. (a particular boy)
3. When it is clear in the situation which thing or person we mean.
- I took my car to the airport. (the airport in the town).
4. Before "same".
- I have the same tennis racket as you.
5.With certain adjectives to refer to general class of people.
- The poor, the unemployed, the Spanish, etc.
- The Irish love drinking beer.
6. With certain public places.
- Last night we went to the cinema.
- They went to the restauant then they went to the bar.
1. With the names of people.
- Yesterdy I saw John.
2. With the names of continents, countries, states, islands, cities or mountains.
- I live in Cuffley a small village in England.
3. In general statements.
- Cats are very friendly animals.
4. In certain common prepositional phrases.
- At home, at university, in hospital, in bed, etc.
Put in "the" / "a" / "an" where necessary. Leave a space if the sentence is already complete.
|1)||There isn´t airport near my house. nearest airport is 120 miles away.|
|2)||My uncle lives in modern house in countryside. He has very beautiful garden.|
|3)||Last month we went to cinema four times.|
|4)||Spiders are horrible creatures.|
|5)||Turn off lights and keep all of doors shut.|
|6)||Do you know Mrs Brown´s address?|
|7)||I was not feeling very well so I called doctor?|
|8)||Math is difficult subject.|
|9)||We all went on holiday in caravan.|
|10)||man left shop in a hurry.|
|11)||apple a day keeps doctor away.|
|12)||We have apartment in south of Spain.|
|13)||When she rang I was in bed with television on.|
|14)||People in Madrid are very friendly.|
|15)||In restaurant we ate soup with bread, them tasty French dish with potatoes, followed by nicest ice cream I´ve ever had.|
Corregir Ver Solución Limpiar