Tent: tienda de campaña
Swimming pool: piscina
Sleeping bag: saco de dormir
Tin opener: abrelatas
Tinned food: comida en latas
Dustbins: cubos de basura
First-aid: primeros auxilios
Frying pan: sartén
Camp stove: hornillo de gas
Electric socket: enchufe
To go camping: ir de camping
To look for: buscar
To put up a tent: montar una tienda
To light a fire: hacer fuego
Label the following images.
1) 2) 3) 4)
a) The Present Perfect
Form: Have/Has + Past Participle
Verb: To have
He / she / it has
He's / she's / it's
b) Past Participle
To form the Past Participle with regular verbs: Bare infinitive + ed
- Walk – walked
- Talk – talked
- Cook – cooked
- Watch – watched
There are lots of irregular Past Participles, please learn this list.
Change the Infinitives into Past Participles
1) Lose 2) Win 3) Close 4) Buy 5) Sell 6) Write 7) Interest 8) Understand
1. You use the Present Perfect for something which happened in the past but has an effect in the present:
A: Are you going to see the film tonight?
B: No. I’ve already seen it.
A: Why isn’t John at work?
B: He’s had a bad accident.
2. Often the Present Perfect refers to the very recent past:
- Karen has just passed her exams. Karen acaba de aprobar sus exámenes.
- I’ve just seen your mother at the shops. Acabo de ver a tu madre en la tienda.
3. You use the Present Perfect for something which started in the past and continues in the future:
- I know London very well. I’ve lived there for five years.
4. Or to ask questions about the past up to the present:
A: Have you heard of Boris Becker?
A: Have you been to America?
Write the verb in the Present Perfect
1) The children (see) the new Indiana Jones film. 2) I (read) that book three times. 3) We (go) to Italy before. 4) I can´t believe you just (make) a cake. 5) He (not/ buy) Grandma a birthday present. 6) Why you (eat) your dinner? 7) They (buy) a new house. 8) he (speak/ he) to his boss?
C - Make questions using the Present Perfect?
1) Go/ Brazil 2) Read/ Don Quijote 3) See/ Andre Agassi 4) Go/ Madrid
(Para ver la traducción hacer doble click en el texto; un click vuelve a posición original)
A – Complete the table with what Sara has and hasn’t done
(Para ver la solución hacer doble click en el texto; un click vuelve a posición original)
B – Complete the text about David and Sara.
David and Sarah are going . They are going to . David has been to France before but Sarah to France. When they go camping, they are going to buy breakfast from a and use their to cook food in the evening. During the day they are going to do lots of . Sarah any walking boots.