1. "much" / "many" / "a lot of" se traducen por "mucho".
Las reglas que se aplican son las siguientes, si bien cabe cierta flexibilidad:
a) En oraciones afirmativas: "a lot of"
b) En oraciones negativas e interrogativas:
b.1) Con sustantivos contables: "many" many books, many coins, many girls...
b.2) Con sustantivos incontables: "much" much time, much effort, much energy...
2. "little" / "few" se traducen por "poco".
a) Con sustantivos contables: "few" few books, few pencils, few tickets...
b) Con sustantivos "incontables": "little" little sugar, little rain, little water...
- She is very friendly and has a lot of friends
- I don't have many paintings in my flat
- When you were unemployed, did you receivemuch help from your family?
- This bookshop has few books about Spanish history
- There is little hope that the hostage will be released