Free time activities
Free time: tiempo libre
Playing football: jugar al fútbol
Playing tennis: jugar al tenis
Listening to music: escuchar música
Watching TV: ver la televisión
Taking photographs: sacar fotos
Sailing: navegar a vela
Eating in restaurants: comer en restaurantes
Going to the cinema: ir al cine
Going out with friends: salir con amigos
Sunbathing: tomar el sol
Playing cards: jugar a las cartas
To like: gustar
To love: encantar
To fancy: apetecer
To enjoy: disfrutar
To hate: odiar
To be interested in: estar interesado en
To have a good time: pasarlo bien
To look forward to: tener ganas de hacer algo
To can’t stand: no aguantar
To get bored: aburrirse
Write the following hobbies in order of preference. (1 is your favourite, 5 is your least favourite).
d) listening to music
e) eating in restaurants
2.- Grammar: Verb + ing
In English, you can put two verbs together in a sentence.
- I fancy going to the cinema
- You like swimming in the sea
The second verb can go in the infinitive or the gerund (verb + ing). Here are some examples of verb + gerund:
- I enjoy swimming
- We love sailing
- They hate listening to classical music.
Here are some verbs that are followed by verb+ing (gerund):
To can’t stand
To look forward to
To be interested in
- My aunty loves playing cards.
- In the evening I stop reading my book at midnight.
- We are interested in learning to swim.
- He can’t stand watching football.
- My grandparents dislike eating in restaurants.
Complete each sentence with one of the following verbs.
To work / To play / To listen / To write / To go / To learn / To fish
1) Chris and Jane are looking forward to on holiday in August with their family. 2) We are considering Chinesse before we go to China on holiday. 3) I start at six o´clock in the evening and finish at half past eight. 4) You hate to the radio in the mornings. 5) Tony and I can´t stand letters. We prefer to call people. 6) My brother is interested in . It´s his new hobby. 7) I dislike cards. I think it´s boring.
(Para ver la traducción hacer doble click en el texto; un click vuelve a posición original)
3.A.1.- Who are the sentences about?
1) He/She can´t stand playing in the rain. 2) He/She doesn´t like playing tennis. 3) He/She doesn´t enjoy to the cinema. 4) He/She enjoy playing football.
3.A.2.- Correct the mistakes in the sentences
|1)||We are going to the cinema on Friday. We love watch romantic films.|
|2)||They is looking forward to seeing Julia on Saturday.|
|3)||At August they are going on holiday.|
|4)||Anna and Suan have blondes hair.|
|5)||I dislike eat chocolate.|
|6)||In Sundays we enjoy playing cards.|
|7)||The boys has school on Fridays.|
|8)||You are really looking forward to go to Spain.|
Corregir Ver Solución Limpiar